The AMTA Student Recital Program offers students an opportunity to develop their skills as performing artists. Instrumentalists, vocalists, and students of teachers new to the Albuquerque area are all welcome! All AMTA teachers are encouraged to take advantage of this program. The program is free to members. Non-member teachers can also participate for a fee of $20 per teacher.
Winter and Spring recitals are scheduled on September 25th and December 4th, 2016, at 2:00 pm at St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church on Ponderosa NE.
- Student’s name
- Student’s Age
- Length of performance (time)
- Title of composition (opus number & key)
- Name of composer (first and last)
- Performance experience or years of study
- Accompanist’s name (if applicable)
- Teacher’s name
- Teacher’s email
- Teacher’s phone number(s)
Student Recital Guidelines
- Teachers are limited to a total of four students per recital.
- In the event that there is less than one hour of music on the program, teachers may include additional students.
- Students are strongly encouraged to memorize solo repertoire.
- Arrangements of popular music are accepted, but simplified arrangements of classical repertoire are not.
- Ensemble repertoire and original compositions are accepted.
- If the same composition is submitted by more than one teacher, the first entry received will be selected for the recital.
- Proper recital dress and etiquette are expected. (No shorts, no old jeans, no soccer uniforms, no flip-flops).